Here in "Adventures" I've tried to give myself structure, deadlines, and initially, meant to say meaningful things. I've always hoped to avoid the journally, self-indulgent crap I loathe, the kind of stuff that can be found in abundance out in the blogosphere but have I achieved my goals at all? Perhaps to some extent but I feel myself moving further and further away from the place I started. Now that this is my only blog and I've been straying from the original format more and more I can feel the old evil twin in me rearing her dramatic head. The one who will talk your ear off if you give her the chance, the one who wants to explore everything and the one who can't help but be chronically critical and infinitely indecisive. She's gettin' bored.
Where am I going with all of this? Somewhere new! I'm annoyed with my blog. Who am I to be putting my thoughts out into the world in this way? What is the point? Well, I'm not really sure but being the schizo that I am (and stubborn by nature) I refuse to give up. This is my little playground for thoughts and words. What I love/hate about blogs is that anyone can write them! It's cool, it's fun, it's irritating and it's just the way it is. So on with it...
- In San Francisco and in my head: So I can talk about whatever I want... hmm. Good rule.
- Try not to be too self-indulgent. AKA, try not to talk about myself all the time. Shoot! Gotta work on that one more.
- Work towards shorter posts. People these days seem to have extremely short attention spans and no time. We're twitterers! Ew. OK, basically: Must make readable from an iphone. (Which, BTW, I do not own.)
- Become really smart, witty, clever and concise. No problem!
- Get a digital camera and start incorporating photos. My old one broke and I mean, whose blog is words only! How boring. God.
So next post will be shorter
And I'll start dieting tomorrow
And I swear,
Yesterday was the last time I let myself see that guy I shouldn't see.